Teachers Service Commission TSC Latest Jobs 2023-2024
Teachers Service Commission TSC Latest Jobs – Details:
The Teachers Service Commission TSC Latest Jobs
Member of the Audit Committee (1 Post) Advert. No. 35/2023.
The Teachers Service Commission is a constitutional Commission established under Article 237(1) of the Constitution of Kenya.
Pursuant to Section 73(5) and 155(5) of the PFM Act 2012 and PFM regulations 2015, and the guidelines for establishment of Audit Committees in all public entities, the Teachers Service Commission is inviting applications from qualified, experienced, result oriented and highly motivated Kenyans to fill the position of Member of the Audit Committee.
Click HERE to view the list of Secretariat Jobs Adverts available
The Primary objective of the Audit Committee is to assist the Management, Commission Secretary, Board and Commission Chairperson to effectively discharge their responsibilities by providing an effective oversight function in enhancing governance, internal controls and Risk Management. The members constituting the Audit Committee report to the Commission.
- Provide oversight on Governance, Risk management and Control processes in the Commission and make appropriate
- Report to the Commission on activities and decisions made by the Audit
- Examine Internal and external Audit reports and recommendations after management response to ensure action is
- Review the effectiveness and performance appraisal of the Audit Committee and the Internal Audit
- Participate in the assessment of the performance of the Head of the Commission’s Internal
- Perform an independent review of the financial statements to ensure the integrity and transparency of the financial 324e4ww`reporting
- Monitor the effectiveness of the Commission’s performance information and compliance with the performance management framework and performance reporting
- Ensure the Commission effectively monitors compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements and promotes a culture committed to lawful and ethical
- Provide strong and effective oversight of the Commission’s internal audit
- Evaluating whether processes are in place to address key roles and responsibilities in relation to risk
- Perform the roles and responsibilities as laid out in the guidelines issued by the Public Sector Accounting Standards (PSAB), the Public Finance Management Regulations, 2015 and the Audit Committee Guidelines for National Government
Requirements for appointment
For appointment, a candidate must:
- be a Kenyan Citizen
- Possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Economics or related field from a University recognized in A master’s degree and/or a post graduate professional qualification in the relevant area will be an added advantage.
- Be Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (CPA-K), or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA).
- Be a member of ICPAK or Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) in good
- Should have at least 10 years’ experience at a senior level in the private or public
- Excellent working knowledge of an audit committee‘s functions and risk management
- Must not be a present or past employee or an agent of the Commission in the past two
- Demonstrate independence in the performance of the
- Have a good understanding of government operations, financial reporting and
- Have thorough knowledge of the Public Finance Management Act and regulations
- Not a holder of a political
- Must be compliant with the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya on Leadership and Integrity.
Terms of Appointment for the Member of the Audit Committee
- Successful candidate shall be appointed for a term of three years on part time basis and shall be eligible for re-appointment for a further final term of three years, subject to satisfactory
- The allowances payable to the member of the Audit Committee shall be as per the Salaries and Remuneration Commission
The Successful candidate will be required to provide clearance from the following institutions;
- Kenya Revenue
- Higher Education Loans
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption
- A Credit Reference
- The Directorate of Criminal Investigations (for certificate of good conduct).
All applications must be made online through the Commission’s Recruitment Portal in the website: www.tsc.go.ke under “Careers- Secretariat. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
Applications should be received not later than Thursday, 3rd August 2023 at
Canvassing of any nature will lead to automatic disqualification.
Teachers Service Commission is an equal opportunity employer. Persons of both gender, those living with challenges and the disadvantaged who meet the requirements are encouraged to apply.
For more information and inquiries, contact Teachers Service Commission through the contact details below:
Teachers Service Commission – Kenya
Kilimanjaro Avenue, Upper Hill
020 289 2000
0722 208 552
0777 208 552