Teachers Service Commission TSC Portal Login
Teachers Service Commission TSC Portal Login – Details:
The Teachers Service Commission TSC Portal Login
To access the TSC Recruitment Portal, follow the steps below:
1. Go to https://services.tsc.go.ke/Auth/register.php
2. Enter your ID number
3. Enter your phone number
4. Lastly, enter your email address and click on ‘Register’
1. Go to https://services.tsc.go.ke/Auth/login.php
2. Enter your ID number
3. Enter your password
4. Click on ‘LOG IN”
Download all TSC’s Guidelines for Recruitment HERE
Recruitment and Selection
Recruitment of teachers by the Commission is demand driven and has been decentralized to TSC County for primary schools and Board of Management for post-primary institutions.
Process of recruitment and selection
- The Commission will advertise available vacancies and interested candidates will be required to submit application forms to the county/institutions where they would wish to be considered for employment.
- Short listed candidates will be invited to appear before the recruitment panel.
- Successful candidates will fill employment forms.
- Agents will submit completed forms and merit lists to TSC headquarters
The Commission will vet the recruitment documents in accordance with the guidelines and:
- Inform the recruiting agents of the outcome of the vetting process.
- Issue appointment letters to successful candidates. Failure to take up the appointment within the stipulated period will automatically lead to cancellation of appointment.
Aggrieved candidates may channel their grievances to the Commission within two weeks from selection date.
Release to Other Organizations
A teacher who has been appointed to a Public Institution, Teachers Union, non-profit making educational institution or Parastatal should submit an application to the Commission in writing through the head of institution or agent and:
- Attach a copy of the appointment letter
- Present letter of acceptance of the offer
- Present a TSC clearance certificate from the head of institution or TSC County Director in order to be released.
The benefits from the teaching service are suspended until one retires with benefits from the institution he/she was released to.
The dependants of a teacher who dies in service are entitled to Death Gratuity and Dependants Pension if the teacher was serving on Permanent and Pensionable terms and was confirmed in the service.
For Death Gratuity to be paid the following shall apply:
- Deceased teacher’s name is removed from payroll and overpayment recovered if any.
- The next-of-kin should submit original death certificate and a letter by area chief identifying the next-of-kin and dependants.
- The next of kin will settle over payment if any.
- The claim is forwarded to the Director of Pensions for payment.
NB: In case of a dispute, the parties involved are referred to the Deputy County Commissioner for arbitration. The dependants may also seek legal redress from a court of law. Pension is paid to the deceased dependants who are aged below 18 years for a period of 5 years.
Killed while on duty
This is pension paid to dependants when a teacher is killed while on duty. The benefit is payable to the spouse and/or dependants of a teacher who dies as a result of injuries in the actual discharge of duty and without his/her own intention.
NB: The retirees/next of kin are informed when the claims are forwarded to the treasury for payment.
Termination of Service
- An appointment of a teacher either serving on temporary or probationary terms may be terminated by either the Commission or the teacher, with either party giving one month’s notice in writing or paying one month’s basic salary in lieu of notice.
- An appointment on P&P terms may be terminated by either the Commission or the teacher, with either party giving three (3) month’s notice in writing or paying one (1) month’s basic salary in lieu of notice.
- In case of temporary appointment, NSSF benefits are administered as per NSSF Act Cap 258.
- A male teacher who was a contributor to WCPS qualifies for a refund of the amounts contributed.
Resignation on Marriage Grounds
A married female teacher who has served for a minimum of period of five (5) years on P&P terms can resign on account of marriage.
One is entitled to a marriage gratuity paid at a rate of 1/12 of a month’s pensionable emoluments for each completed month of pensionable service subject to a maximum of one year pensionable emoluments.
A teacher on permanent and pensionable terms can resign from service after giving three months’ notice in writing or pay one month’s basic salary in lieu of notice. Resignation will not attract any pension benefits. However, a male teacher who resigns or is dismissed from service is entitled to WCPS refund. Such a teacher should write claiming the refund.
Retirement in Public Interest
A teacher may be retired in the light of his/her usefulness to the teaching service or any public assignment and all other circumstances of the case, such retirement is desirable in the public interest.
NB: Teachers who retire qualify for lump sum and monthly Pension.
Retirement on Medical Grounds
A teacher may apply to retire or be called upon to retire on medical grounds and he/she should attach supportive medical documents.
- The Commission will write to the Director of Medical Services (DMS) to convene a medical board.
- The Medical Board will assess the teacher and give a recommendation to the DMS who in turn advises the Commission.
- The Commission will retire the teacher on medical grounds.
A teacher may apply to retire on attainment of 50 years and on completion of 10 years continuous service on Permanent and Pensionable terms. Such a teacher shall apply in writing through the head of institution giving three months’ notice, stating the intended date of retirement.
Upon receipt of the application the Commission shall: Consider the application and issue a retirement notice. Process retirement claim upon receipt of required documents from the teacher. The claim will then be forwarded to the Director of Pension,Treasury, for payment.
For more information and inquiries, contact Teachers Service Commission through the contact details below:
Teachers Service Commission – Kenya
Kilimanjaro Avenue, Upper Hill
020 289 2000
0722 208 552
0777 208 552