Walulel Limited Ghana 2020 Recruitment For Web Engineer
Check Out: Lists of Universities Admission Forms in Ghana 2020/2021 (Updated Daily)
We’re looking for a passionate, creative and talented individual who is keen to invest their time and skills to help their fellow “web wizards” that make the magic happen, build a thriving technology start-up. The person who ends up joining us will play a key role in driving innovation. They will be a logical and inquisitive individual with a proven ability in building complex, data-driven, secure, responsive back-end systems to support highly dynamic websites.
The successful candidate would be helping to develop a new piece of technology that is set to change the way cities are understood. Moreover, as it’s a start-up, from day one you’ll be considered a key member of the team, and you’ll be in a role where your opinion ALWAYS matters and your innovation always rewarded. You’ll also be involved in all aspects of the product development lifecycle. In addition, there will also be a training budget to facilitate your growth journey.
Are you the person we’re looking for?
We need a talented developer with a strong grasp of PHP, SQL and WAMP/LAMP frameworks. Most importantly, we want people who are looking to join an innovative start-up, offering great scope for career development and future growth.
As a back-end Web Developer, you will be responsible for developing the back-end of websites and writing adaptable code for use by the public and our client base. You will also be responsible for debugging problems and offering critical support to other members of the team. Additionally, you will ensure smooth integration with existing libraries and command line utilities.
As a minimum we need people who have:
- Some experience with the MVC framework (preferably Laravel);
- World beating SQL skills, including database design, development and optimisation;
- World class recent experience of development working with the Windows Command Line Interface;
- Understanding of Bash Scripting and its applicability;
- Working knowledge of windows server shell commands; and
- Experience of writing scalable presentation-server code with associated server API tests and the documentation specific to developed APIs and component implementations.
What else would be good?
- Bachelors/Masters level (or higher) degree in Computer Science (or a similar/related field);
- Extensive hands-on development experience with a viewable portfolio;
- Knowledge of source control systems, such as Mercurial and/or GIT;
- Previous experience of working with Amazon Web Services, including EC2, S3, Cloud Front and Route 53;
- Experience of working with other scalable hosted solutions; and
- Experience of working on mobile and/or responsive web projects.
Why work with Walulel?
You’ll join the beginnings of Walulel, a company split between London and Accra with a friendly team of highly-skilled, ambitious, creative and motivated data scientists, architects, urban planners and web developers who work collaboratively to achieve a common goal of delivering impactful analysis. We work closely together to solve really complex problems, to show people the places they already know in a manner they’ve never seen before.
Unlike other companies we work a four-day week (Monday to Thursday), but we pay a full-time salary. Now if that isn’t reason enough to apply, we don’t know what is! In addition, the founding staff of which you’ll be a part get an equity stake and a genuine opportunity to help shape the future of Walulel.
This job will be based in Accra and we are offering whatever salary, you can convince us you are worth as what we’re really concerned with is bringing the best talent on to our team.
How to apply
Please send an up-to-date copy of your CV, together with a covering letter explaining your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are hoping to interview successful candidates from the 18th February 2020 onwards, so don’t delay. Apply now to become a part of the Walulel team.