University Of Education Winneba Sandwich Admission Forms 2023-2024
University Of Education Winneba Sandwich Admission Forms – Download:
Admission into Sandwich Undergraduate Programmes
These are the basic requirements to be satisfied to qualify for admission into the University. In addition, other programme-specific requirements must be met.
- Post Diploma Programmes
Applicant must possess:
- Higher National Diploma or its equivalent in a relevant field of study from a recognised Institution. OR
- Diploma in Basic Education or its equivalent.
(Admission to Post-Diploma progranmes would be offered based on the applicant’s qualification/certificate. Successful applicants would be admitted to Level 300)
- Diploma Programmes
(a) Two-Year Diploma Programmes
i. WASSCE: Passes (A1-D7) in three (3) Core subjects: English Language, Mathematics, and Integrated Science/Social Studies, plus Credit Passes (A1-C6) in three (3) relevant Elective subjects. OR
ii. SSSCE: Passes (A-D) in three (3) Core subjects: English Language, Mathematics, and Integrated Science/Social Studies, and Passes (A-D) in three (3) relevant Elective subjects. OR
iii. A Distinction or Credit in an accredited Certificate programme. OR
iv. SC/GCE: Five (5) Credit Passes at GCE “O” Level including English Language, Mathematics and a Science subject.
Applicants with GCE results which are more than five (5) years old should apply as Mature Applicants.
Baccalaureate and other Foreign Qualifications
Applicants will be considered on recommendation and establishment of equivalence by the National Accreditation Board. Otherwise, candidates may apply as Mature Applicants.
i. Must be at least, 25 years by August 1, 2021.
ii Should have a minimum of SSSCE/WASSCE Certificate/GCE Certificate /DBS or RSA Certificate, or an equivalent qualification.
iii. Must pass the UEW Entrance Examination.
(b) One-Year Diploma in Education Programme
i. A Bachelor’s degree, Higher National Diploma, Diploma or Advanced Craft Certificate obtained from an accredited Tertiary Institution.
ii. Persons with higher qualifications may apply.
3. Certificate Programmes
i. At least a credit in Core English in SSSCE/WASSCE.
ii. Candidates with higher qualifications may apply.
NOTE: You will need the voucher and pin to check the status of your application. Please keep it safe.
How to apply
- Visit any of the banks listed below to purchase a UEW Online Application Voucher. Make sure you buy the correct voucher;
- DIRECT – GH¢ 200.00 (Diploma & Undergraduate – Only WASSCE / SSS Applicants)
- DIPLOMA IN EDUCATION – GH¢ 200.00
- MATURE – GH¢ 300.00 (Applicants 25 years and over OR who will be 25 years by 1st August)
- POST DIPLOMA – GH¢ 200.00 (Applicants who have a recognised Diploma / Higher National Diploma as specified in the brochure)
- POST GRADUATE – GH¢ 250.00 (Applicants who have a First Degree eg Bachelor or Second Degree eg. Masters)
- INTERNATIONAL – US$ 100.00 (or Ghana Cedi Equivalent) (Applicants who are not Ghanaians)
- The application form you fill will depend on the Voucher you buy. This will also determine how your application is assessed.
- Your picture should be of a passport size in .jpg format with a size not exceeding 128kilobytes. The background must be white. The system will reject the picture if it does not conform to the specifications above.
- To complete the application, make sure you have the following documents scanned to attach; where applicable.
(a) WAEC Result Slip
(b) Transcript of Academic Records
(c) Academic Certificate
(d) Birth Certificate
(e) National Identification Card
(f) SSNIT Card
And any other documents to aid in your application. The documents should be in .jpg, .png or .pdf format.
- Proceed to this website and login with the SERIAL NUMBER and PIN you received from the bank.
- Don’t forget to SUBMIT your application and PRINT a copy for yourself after completion.
UNIVERSAL MERCHANT BANK
Apply Online : http://applications.uew.edu.gh/#/applicant/login
Apply Online: http://applications.uew.edu.gh/#/applicant/login
|Undergraduate Direct/Diploma/post Diploma||GHS 200.00|
|Undergraduate Mature||GHS 300.00|
|Post Graduate||GHS 250.00|
|International Applicant||USD 100.00|
|Mature Applicants to Regular and Sandwich undergraduate programmes||30th March, 2021|
|Direct/Post-Diploma Applicants to Regular and Sandwich programmes||31st May, 2021|
|Mature Applicants to Distance programmes||30th April, 2021|
|Direct/Post Diploma Applicants to Distance programmes||29thJune, 2021|
NOTES:A. Fee-paying facility is available to applicants who do not meet the competitive selection cut-offs but satisfy the minimum university requirements.
B. With the exception of 2021 WASSCE Candidates, all others should ensure they provide their results at the time of submitting their applications.
C. Applicants are entreated to study the Admissions Brochure carefully before completing an application form.
D. Mature Applicants for the B.Ed. Special Education programme are required to sit and pass the Entrance Examination in their first programme (Special Education) as well as a second programme.
E. Successful applicants for Ghanaian Language programmes would be given the opportunity to offer a second programme in English/French/Linguistics/German.
F. Physical Education and Sports Coaching applicants should not be more than Forty (40) and Fifty (50) years respectively.