Teachers Service Commission TSC Online Payslip 2023-2024
Teachers Service Commission TSC Online Payslip – Check Below:
CIRCULAR NO: 3/2016
TO: Principals, National Polytechnics Director, CEMASTEA
Principals, Institutes of Science and Technology Principals, Technical Training Institutes Principals, Diploma Teacher Training Colleges Principals, Primary Teacher Training Colleges Director, Kenya Institute of Special Education Principals, Secondary Schools
Headteachers, Primary Schools
REGISTRATION FOR TEACHERS ONLINE PAYSLIP SERVICE
The Commission will soon stop the printing and posting of hard copy payslips in order to harness the potential in Information Communication Technology (ICT).
It is further envisaged that teachers will be applying for SACCO and Bank loans through a secure and efficient online platform where they can directly forward their online payslips to the financial institutions for verification and action.
In view of this, all teachers are required to register for Online Payslip by accessing the TSC website www.tsc.go.ke and click on ONLINE SERVICES, then select ONLINE PAYSLIPS. Those who have already registered MUST also log in to the Teacher Online Payslip Service and view their payslip to confirm registration.
All teachers should register or confirm registration status by 18th April 2016. County Directors to ensure all the heads of institution receive this circular and enforce its content.
NANCY NJERI MACHARIA, OGW SECRETARY/CHIEF EXECUTIVE
FAQs on Online Payslips
- How do i access my online payslip
Register for the payslip service by selecting registration/activate account on online payslips under online services
- I get “invalid names” error when registering for payslip
When you are trying to register and you get invalid user name, ensure that you are filling the names starting with a capital letter and the rest in small letters e.g. Mary Wakimu, Typing all capital or all small letters will result in an invalid names error.
- I have tried registering but still getting invalid fields
1. full names
2. TSC No.
3. the invalid message you are receiving
This will enable us assist you better e.g invalid account number, invalid DOB.
- How do i recover my forgotten password ?
Try to remember the secret question and reset your password by clicking forgot password on the login page.
Release to Other Organizations
A teacher who has been appointed to a Public Institution, Teachers Union, non-profit making educational institution or Parastatal should submit an application to the Commission in writing through the head of institution or agent and:
- Attach a copy of the appointment letter
- Present letter of acceptance of the offer
- Present a TSC clearance certificate from the head of institution or TSC County Director in order to be released.
The benefits from the teaching service are suspended until one retires with benefits from the institution he/she was released to.
The dependants of a teacher who dies in service are entitled to Death Gratuity and Dependants Pension if the teacher was serving on Permanent and Pensionable terms and was confirmed in the service.
For Death Gratuity to be paid the following shall apply:
- Deceased teacher’s name is removed from payroll and overpayment recovered if any.
- The next-of-kin should submit original death certificate and a letter by area chief identifying the next-of-kin and dependants.
- The next of kin will settle over payment if any.
- The claim is forwarded to the Director of Pensions for payment.
NB: In case of a dispute, the parties involved are referred to the Deputy County Commissioner for arbitration. The dependants may also seek legal redress from a court of law. Pension is paid to the deceased dependants who are aged below 18 years for a period of 5 years.
Killed while on duty
This is pension paid to dependants when a teacher is killed while on duty. The benefit is payable to the spouse and/or dependants of a teacher who dies as a result of injuries in the actual discharge of duty and without his/her own intention.
NB: The retirees/next of kin are informed when the claims are forwarded to the treasury for payment.
Termination of Service
- An appointment of a teacher either serving on temporary or probationary terms may be terminated by either the Commission or the teacher, with either party giving one month’s notice in writing or paying one month’s basic salary in lieu of notice.
- An appointment on P&P terms may be terminated by either the Commission or the teacher, with either party giving three (3) month’s notice in writing or paying one (1) month’s basic salary in lieu of notice.
- In case of temporary appointment, NSSF benefits are administered as per NSSF Act Cap 258.
- A male teacher who was a contributor to WCPS qualifies for a refund of the amounts contributed.
Resignation on Marriage Grounds
A married female teacher who has served for a minimum of period of five (5) years on P&P terms can resign on account of marriage.
One is entitled to a marriage gratuity paid at a rate of 1/12 of a month’s pensionable emoluments for each completed month of pensionable service subject to a maximum of one year pensionable emoluments.
A teacher on permanent and pensionable terms can resign from service after giving three months’ notice in writing or pay one month’s basic salary in lieu of notice. Resignation will not attract any pension benefits. However, a male teacher who resigns or is dismissed from service is entitled to WCPS refund. Such a teacher should write claiming the refund.
Retirement in Public Interest
A teacher may be retired in the light of his/her usefulness to the teaching service or any public assignment and all other circumstances of the case, such retirement is desirable in the public interest.
NB: Teachers who retire qualify for lump sum and monthly Pension.
Retirement on Medical Grounds
A teacher may apply to retire or be called upon to retire on medical grounds and he/she should attach supportive medical documents.
- The Commission will write to the Director of Medical Services (DMS) to convene a medical board.
- The Medical Board will assess the teacher and give a recommendation to the DMS who in turn advises the Commission.
- The Commission will retire the teacher on medical grounds.
A teacher may apply to retire on attainment of 50 years and on completion of 10 years continuous service on Permanent and Pensionable terms. Such a teacher shall apply in writing through the head of institution giving three months’ notice, stating the intended date of retirement.
Upon receipt of the application the Commission shall: Consider the application and issue a retirement notice. Process retirement claim upon receipt of required documents from the teacher. The claim will then be forwarded to the Director of Pension,Treasury, for payment.