Teachers Service Commission TSC Commitment Letter 2023-2024
Teachers Service Commission TSC Commitment Letter – Details:
The Commission will vet the recruitment documents in accordance with the guidelines and:
- Inform the recruiting agents of the outcome of the vetting process.
- Issue appointment letters to successful candidates. Failure to take up the appointment within the stipulated period will automatically lead to cancellation of appointment.
Aggrieved candidates may channel their grievances to the Commission within two weeks from selection date.
Recruitment and Selection
Recruitment of teachers by the Commission is demand driven and has been decentralized to TSC County for primary schools and Board of Management for post-primary institutions.
Process of recruitment and selection
- The Commission will advertise available vacancies and interested candidates will be required to submit application forms to the county/institutions where they would wish to be considered for employment.
- Short listed candidates will be invited to appear before the recruitment panel.
- Successful candidates will fill employment forms.
- Agents will submit completed forms and merit lists to TSC headquarters.
Reporting for Duty
Upon employment, the teacher is required to report to the duty station within two weeks from the date of posting. The head of institution should then promptly submit a Casualty Return to the TSC headquarters.
Appointment to payroll
The effective date of appointment should not be earlier than the one indicated in the letter of offer of employment. The salary entry point, grade and automatic allowances will be based on qualifications and previous experience.
Transfer of Service
A teacher who is offered employment by the Public Service Commission will have his/her past service with the Commission transferred to the new Ministry. Such a teacher shall be required to apply for Transfer of service attaching the appointment letter, acceptance of offer letter and TSC clearance certificate.
The Commission will then:
- Process Transfer of Service documents.
- Submit documents to the relevant ministry/department.
For more information and inquiries, contact Teachers Service Commission through the contact details below:
TSC House, Kilimanjaro Av, Private Bag 00100, Nairobi
0722 208 552 / 0777 208 552