2022/2023 RMU Undergraduate Admission Form- BSc. Ports And Shipping & Logistics
RMU Undergraduate Admission – BSc. Ports And Shipping – See Details Below:
UNDERGRADUATE 4-YEAR B.Sc. PROGRAMMES
- B.Sc. PORTS AND SHIPPING ADMINISTRATION (REGULAR/WEEK-END)
- B.Sc. LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT
GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- WASSCE/SSSCE/NECO holders: Applicants must have credits (A1-C6/ A-D) in the following Three (3) Core subjects: English, Mathematics and Integrated Science/Social Studies plus credits (A1-C6/ A-D) in any three (3) elective subjects with an aggregate score of 36 on the WASSCE scale or 24 on the SSSCE Scale or better.
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) holders: Applicants must have credits in at least five G.C.E ‘O’ Level subjects which must include English Language and Mathematics plus at least three passes at Advanced Level.
- Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABCE) Holders: Applicants must have full Diploma Certificate in ABCE. In addition, applicants must have credit passes in five (5) subjects including English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies in the General Business Certificate Examination (GBCE) or SSSCE or WASSCE or NECO. ABCE candidates may be considered for admission at level 200 of a degree programme.
Other Qualifications: Other qualifications including;
- International Baccalaureate (IB) with a minimum note of 10/20 in each of the relevant subjects.
- American Grades 12 with a Final Grade Point of at least 3.0.
- Combined IGCSE and Cambridge – GCE ‘A’ and ‘O’ levels holders must have three relevant subjects at the Cambridge ‘A’ Levels, in addition to at least five (5) passes including English and Mathematics at the Cambridge ‘O’ Level, etc. which are equivalent to WASSCE/SSSCE/NECO or GCE will be considered.
HND Holders: HND holders in Business related programmes with a minimum of 2nd Class Lower Division from recognized Tertiary Institutions may be admitted to level 300 and HND in other programmes will be admitted into level 200. Applicants must have at least two (2) years post-qualification working experience
(a) (B.Sc. LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT) with one year abroad.
The above programme is jointly run by the Regional Maritime University (RMU) and Shanghai Maritime University (SMU) China. The First, Second and Fourth years will be run at the Regional Maritime University, Ghana while the third year will be in Shanghai Maritime University (SMU), China. HOWEVER, TRAVELLING TO SMU IS NOT AUTOMATIC. IT IS SUBJECT TO OBTAINING CHINESE ENTRY VISA.
- Interested candidates must have the financial capability to pay for a return ticket to China and also their upkeep whilst in China.
- Applicants must not be more than 30 years at the commencement of the programme (August, 2022)
(b) B.Sc. LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT) without a year abroad
Applicants will pursue entire programme [i.e. year 1 to 4] at RMU, Ghana.
(iv) MATURE STUDENTS’ ENTRY ROUTE (ALL PROGRAMMES)
Applicants must be at least 25 years old, and would have to show proof of age with birth certificate or any legitimate documentary proof of date of birth which is at least 5 years old at the time of application.
- Applicant must also pass Mature Students’ Entrance Examinations conducted by the University in (English Language, Mathematics and Aptitude Test).
NOTE: The Mature Entrance Examinations will be held on Friday, 10th August, 2022
- DIPLOMA PROGRAMME
DIPLOMA IN PORTS AND SHIPPING MANAGEMENT (REGULAR/WEEK-END)
- WASSCE/SSSCE/NECO holders: Applicants must have six  passes (A1-D7/A-D) in all subjects, including English Language and Mathematics and a minimum of C6 in three (3) passes in any elective subjects.
- G.C.E. ‘O’ Level Credit in five  subjects (including Mathematics & English Language), plus G.C.E. ‘A’ Level passes in any two (2) subjects.
- GBCE Candidates: credit passes (A-D) in five (5) subjects comprising three (3) core subjects including English Language and Mathematics plus two (2) relevant elective subjects.
HOW TO APPLY
[I] DOMESTIC APPLICANTS
All applicants for the 2022/2023 Academic Year admissions are required to use the Regional Maritime University [RMU] online application portal. The procedure for the online application process is as follows:
[a] Make appropriate payment as indicated below at the various sales centers for the RMU E-Voucher
- B.Sc. Programmes: GH¢150.00 or $50.00
- Diploma programmes: GH¢120.00 or $40.00
[i] Regional Maritime University, Nungua – Accra, Cash Office
[ii] All Branches of the Ghana Commercial Bank
[iii] All Branches of Ecobank [foreign and local]
[iv] All Regional and District Post Offices across Ghana
[b] The E-Voucher contains the Pin and Serial Number required in completing the online form.
[c] Access the online form by visiting the University’s online admissions portal at www.rmu.edu.gh/admissions soon after payment.
[d] In completing the online form, students will be required to upload their passport size photographs.
[e] A completed form is not considered until it is SUBMITTED.
[g] Applicants must print out application summary; attach transcripts, certificates and all other relevant documents. These documents should be forwarded to the Registrar.
[h] Candidates are strongly advised to visit Courier Companies in their Countries for assistance towards the return of the application documents [see f].
[i] Completed application forms and other documents should be addressed to:
The Academic Registrar
Regional Maritime University
Post Office Box GP 1115
Accra – Ghana
[II] INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS
[a] Log onto the admission portal : www.rmu.edu.gh/admissions
[b] Click on International Applications and follow the instructions displayed on the page for the completion of the form.
[c] Applicants must print out application summary, attach transcripts, certificates and all other relevant documents. These documents should be sent to the Academic Registrar.
The closing dates for submission of application forms are 29th June, 2022 for Mature and Master’s applicants and 31stAugust, 2022 for Regular and Weekend applicants. Candidates should note that no application will be accepted after the deadline. Mature Entrance Examinations would be held on Friday, 10th August, 2022.
For further information, please contact:
Telephone Numbers : +233 302 714070 / 712343 / 712775
Fax Numbers : +233 302 714070 / 712047
E-mail Address : firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com