CSUC Computer Science Admission Requirements
Admission is open to all who qualify as follows:
- Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE) Holders. Passes in THREE Core Subjects in English, Mathematics and Integrated Science or Social Studies plus passes in THREE Elective Subjects. – Candidates should have aggregate score not exceeding 24
- West African Senior Secondary Certificate Exams (WASSCE) Holders Credit Passes (AI-C6) in THREE Core Subjects in English, Mathematics and Integrated Science or Social Studies plus passes in THREE Elective Subjects. Candidates should have aggregate score not exceeding 36.
- Diploma Holders Diploma holders with FGPA of 3.0 or better from an institution whose diploma programme has been accredited by the NAB or from a foreign institution that is recognized by the NAB may be admitted to Level 100. In addition, applicant should have five (5) passes in GCE/W ASSCE/SSSCE including, Core Mathematics, Core English, and Core Integrated Science/ Agric Science/Social Studies.
- WAEC, ABCE/GBCE: Applicant must present passes from the General Business Certificate Examination (GBCE) and the Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABCE). Applicant should have 5 Credit passes in the GBCE including English, Mathematics and Integrated Science/ Agric Science/Social Studies, plus 3 passes in the ABCE; one of the passes should be Grade D or better.
- HND Holders: HND holders must have a minimum of Second class (Lower division) in an IT-related or engineering field from NAB accredited or recognized institution. Applicants may be admitted to Level 200.
- General Certificate Of Education( GCE) Holders – Foreign Applicants Only. Applicants must have five credits in GCE “0”Level including English Language and Mathematics. Three passes in GCE “A”Level and a pass in General Paper.
- Mature Applicants: Applicant must be at least 27 years at the time of applying and must have SSSCE/ W ASSCE /GCE “0”Level passes in English and Mathematics. Applicant must also pass a mature applicant entrance examinations. In relation to this the College shall in all instances be guided by the University of Ghana Mature Entrance examination and admission requirements.
- Applicant on Transfer From Another University: An applicant who has been enrolled as a regular student in a Bachelor’s Degree course in a recognized university and made satisfactory progress for at least one year may be considered for admission, on presentation of authenticated academic records and the names of two references.