Chuka University Distance Learning
Chuka University Distance Learning | Read details of Chuka University Distance Learning Courses , About Chuka University Distance Learning …Chuka University Distance Learning Contacts and Chuka University Distance Learning Fee Structure.
About Chuka University Distance Learning
Distance education is any teaching and learning process in which all or most of the teaching is conducted by someone separated by space and/or time from the learner, with the effect that all or most of the communication between teachers and learners is through media, either electronic or printed technologies. The rationale for distance education has been to open opportunity for learners to study regardless of geographic, socio-economic or other constraints. The openness of distance education is seen in relatively flexible organizational structures, delivery and communication patterns, and use of various technologies in support of learning. ODEL allows learners and facilitators to respond and adapt better to the emerging technology and changing landscape of education in the 21st century. ODEL is therefore committed to meeting the changing needs of our society by developing learning opportunities that increase learners’ access, support, success, and provides quality instruction.
To be a leader in the provision of quality education to diverse community by utilizing flexible modes and modern learning technology for national development
To increase accessibility to affordable and relevant higher education by the society through flexible instructional modes of delivery and modern learning technologies.
To establish, develop, implement, organize, manage and oversee all Open, Distance and e-Learning programmes in Chuka University.
1. To ascertain possession of appropriate skills, competency levels, course prerequisites and equipment required for ODEL learning.
2. To assume responsibility for contacting assigned facilitator.
3. To complete all assignments according to the course schedule.
4. To observe the relevant university guidelines, rules and regulations.
5. To avail oneself for orientation and end-of-semester examinations promptly.
6. To familiarize with support services offered by the university including the library services.
1. All courses offered will be consistent with the level, nature and mission of the institution.
2. When a course is delivered through ODEL programme, it will carry the same course code and title and credit factor as other CU programmes.
3. Each student enrolled in ODEL course shall have access to all the academic support services and instructional equipment. Support services may include but not limited to academic advising, counseling, library services and tutoring services. Students are advised with respect to course selection and academic progress.
4. Students will receive credit only for those courses for which they are officially registered for which they pay the necessary tuition at the time of registration, and for which they earn required minimum passing grades.
Chuka University Distance Learning Courses Offered
The programmes on offer via ODEL are as follows:
1. Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood Education)
2. Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Economics
3. Bachelor of Science in Community Development
4. Bachelor of Arts in Criminology and Security Studies
5. Bachelor of Commerce
6. Bachelor of Agribusiness Management
7. Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Chuka University Distance Learning Admission Requirements
Minimum Admission Requirements for Bachelor’s Degree Programmes
KCSE Grade C+ OR
KACE/ EACE 1 Principal and 1 Subsidiary
Diploma certificate with at least a Credit pass in the relevant area of study
Advantages of Enrolling in Chuka University Distance Learning Programmes
1. The programmes will be run on a trimester cycle, which means that students enrolled in the bachelor’s degree programmes will complete their studies within three calendar years.
2. The fees charged for the programmes are lower than the ones charged for on-campus study.
3. All newly admitted students will be provided with a free tablet uploaded with the units registered for. The students can therefore study anywhere, anytime and at their own pace.
Chuka University Distance Learning Fee Structure
Contact Registrar (Academic Affairs) office
For further information please contact:
The Registrar (Academic Affairs)
P. O. Box 109-60400, Chuka
1Chuka University Contacts
2Chuka University Courses Offered
3Chuka University Hostels
4Chuka University Student Portal Login
5Chuka University Application Form
6Chuka University Admission Requirements
7Chuka University Bank Account Numbers
8Chuka University Certificate Courses
9Chuka University Campuses
10Chuka University Diploma Courses
11Chuka University Departments
12Chuka University Distance Learning
13D+ Courses in Chuka University
14Chuka University Exam Timetable
15Chuka University Exam Results
16Chuka University Embu Campus
17Chuka University E Learning Portal
18Chuka University Fee Structure.
19Chuka University Grading System
20Chuka University Hostel Booking Online
21Chuka University HELB Loan Application
22Chuka University History
23Chuka University Igembe Campus
24Chuka University Intakes
25Chuka University Joining Instructions
26Chuka University Job Vacancies
27Chuka University KUCCPS Admission Letters
28Chuka University KUCCPS Admission List
29Chuka University Masters Courses
30Chuka University Nursing Course
31Chuka University Online Application
32Chuka University Online Courses
33Chuka University Online Library
34Chuka University PhD Courses
35Chuka University Past Question Papers
36Chuka University Courses and Qualifications
37Chuka University Reporting Dates
38Chuka University Resit Timetable September
39Chuka University Tharaka Campus
40Chuka University Teaching Timetable
41Chuka University Undergraduate Courses
42Chuka University Mission and Vision
43Chuka University Core Values
44Chuka University Wifi
45Chuka University First Year Reporting Date
46Chuka University 7th Graduation List
47Chuka University 7th Graduation Ceremony Date
1Laikipia University Admission Requirements
2Laikipia University Courses Offered
3Laikipia University Fees Structure
4Laikipia University Contacts
5Laikipia University Nakuru Campus
6Laikipia University Academic Calendar
7Laikipia University Admission Letters
8Laikipia University Accommodation
9Laikipia University Bank Account Numbers
10Laikipia University Campuses
11Laikipia University Application Form
12Laikipia University Embu Campus.
13Laikipia University Exam Timetable
14Laikipia University Eldoret Campus
15Laikipia University Grading System
16Laikipia University History
17Laikipia University intake
18Laikipia University Internship
19Laikipia University Naivasha Campus
20Laikipia University Maralal Campus
21Laikipia University Main Campus
22Laikipia University Nairobi Campus
23Laikipia University Nyahururu Campus
24Laikipia University Online Hostel Booking
25Laikipia University Student Portal
26Laikipia University Ranking
27Laikipia University Schools and Departments
28Laikipia University Reopening Dates
29Laikipia University Teaching Timetable
30Laikipia University Admission List
31Laikipia University Graduation Date
32Laikipia University Graduation List