University Of Ghana Balme Library
University Of Ghana Balme Library General rules, Care of books, Offences and sanctions and opening hours. See details of University Of Ghana Balme Library right below this page…
University Of Ghana Balme Library Care of Books
- No book is to be written in, soiled, torn, cut, or damaged in any way.
- Any defect in or damage to a book prior to borrowing should be reported to the library staff.
- Users must not trace any picture or figure from any book/material.
- Readers and borrowers will be held responsible for any damage to a book in their care and will be required to pay the appropriate cost for such damaged books.
- Borrowers should report at once the loss of any book, and if it is not found, the borrower shall pay for the lost book.
University Of Ghana Balme Library General Rules
2. Smoking is forbidden in all parts ofthe library
3. No food or drink is allowed in any part of the library. This includes toffees, fruits, candies etc.
4. Bags, gowns, raincoats, umbrellas, cameras, scanners, tape recorders, etc.,must be deposited with the library staff at the entrance (East Alcove ) and a tag collected.
5. It must be noted that such items are deposited at the owners’ own risk and the Library disclaims responsibility for any
loss of or damage to any items so deposited.
6. Firearms and other offensive weapons are not allowed into the Library.
7. Pets are not allowed in any part of the Library.
8. No seat shall be reserved by or for any reader. Any seat so reserved shall be cleared by the library staff for use by others.
9. Any book recalled shall be returned within 72 hours or fines wiII be imposed after three days.
10. Library staff will inspect any item being taken out of the library.
11. All users must enter and leave the library through the main entrance facing the University Square.
12. Users may not enter staff offices except invited by a staff member.
13. All borrowed materials are to be returned three days to the end of each semester.
14. Orderly conduct must be maintained at all times in all part of the library.
University Of Ghana Balme Library Offences & Sanctions
a. General Collection – offender shall pay a fine of 25Gp per day up to 7days; thereafter 50Gp a day plus loss of borrowing rights till books are returned.
b. Reserved / Reference Collection – hourly charge of 50Gp plus loss of borrowing rights until books are returned
Offence: Loss or misplacement of books and related materials.
Offender will pay twice the current price of the book including shipping and handling charges, plus a processing charge of GH¢ 100.00
Offence: Unlawful acquisition oflibrary materials/stealing
a. Ordinary books – Rustication for 21 days. In addition, the member shall lose borrowing rights for one semester.
b. Reference books – As in (a) above plus possible dismissal.
c. Rare books – Dismissal from University
Offence: Mutilation of books and related materials
Sanctions: Dismissal from University
Offence: Failure to return books when recalled.
Sanction: Loss of borrowing rights plus any overdue fines. In the case of a Senior Member who commits any of the above offences, a report shall be made to the Vice-Chancellor and the Registrar for appropriate sanctions to be instituted against him/her. For non-university users, use of the library will be denied and other appropriate actions taken.
University Of Ghana Balme Library Opening Hours
Monday – Friday : 8.30am – 10.00pm
Saturday : 8.00am – 4.00pm
Monday – Friday : 8.30am – 5.00pm
Saturday : 8.00am – 4.00pm
University Of Ghana Business Courses
University Of Ghana Business School Contact
University Of Ghana Business School Emba
University Of Ghana Business School Mba Fees
University Of Ghana Cut Off Points
University Of Ghana Courses And Requirements
University Of Ghana Contact
University Of Ghana College Of Education
University Of Ghana Accra City Campus