University Of Cape Coast UCC Application Forms For Admission To Distance Graduate Degree Programmes- 2023-2024 Academic Year
UCC Application Forms For Admission To Distance Graduate Degree Programmes
Check Out: Lists of Universities Admission Forms in Ghana 2023-2024 (Updated Daily)
The School of Graduate Studies and Research and the College of Distance Education UCC, invite applications from qualified persons for admission into graduate programmes by distance learning mode in Education and Business programmes for the 2017/2020 academic year.
SALES CENTRES /MODE OF PAYMENT
Application forms / scratch cards can be obtained from the following locations:
- All Regional and District Study Centres of CoDE (Bank Draft)
- University of Cape Coast Accra Office, Tesano (Bank Draft)
- CoDE Graduate Studies Unit, University of Cape Coast (Bank Draft)
Regional Study Centres:
- Accra Study Centre (Zenith University College),
- Adjiringano Learning Centre (Papafio Hills, Accra),
- Ashanti Regional Study Centre (Tafo Nhyiaso, Kumasi),
- Central Regional Study Centre (CoDE-UCC),
- Western Regional Study Centre (Ntakoful, Takoradi),
- Upper East Regional Study Centre (Bolgatanga),
- Northern Regional Study Centre (Vittin Target Road, Tamale),
- Volta Regional Study Centre (Little Bethlehem, Ho),
- Upper West Regional Study Centre (Kabaye,Wa),
- Eastern Regional Study Centre (Junction 10 Okurase, Koforidua),
- Brong Ahafo Regional Study Centre (Sunyani),
(Mode of payment – Bank DRAFT)
Bank Drafts can be obtained from any GCB Branch nationwide, issued in the name of College of Distance Education, University of Cape Coast. All Bank Drafts must be submitted to the Officers at the sales point for the scratch card.
COST OF SCRATCH CARD
M. Ed/MA – GHS 320.00
MBA – GHS 320.00
All successful applicants will be invited to a special orientation to be held at their study centres in the various regions. Applicants will be briefed on the mode of delivery and other requirements they will need for completion of the programme within the stipulated period
- CONTACT NUMBERS
For further information please contact us by the following numbers:
0332091217- CoDE-UCC, Cape Coast
0332091125- CoDE-UCC, Cape Coast
0322041040/0243465305 – Kumasi
0200235985 – Tamale
0244026376 – Accra
0240077208 – Sunyani
0244576932 – Takoradi
0243333798- Upper East
0244701591 – Upper West
0342290800 – Eastern Region
Whatsapp Only– 0507219519
Text Messages Only – 0507219519
i. Applicants seeking admission into any of the programmes must have a first degree from a recognized university or equivalent institution in the intended field of specialization with a minimum of 2nd Class Honours- Lower Division. PLEASE NOTE; A selection interview would be conducted for applicants with Third Class and Pass.
ii. In the case of the MBA Programmes , holders of final professional examinations certificate and membership of relevant professional bodies such as;
- institute of Chartered Accountants Ghana(ICAG),
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants(ACCA),
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants(CIMA),
- Chartered Institute of Banking(CIB);
- Chartered Institute Of Personnel and Development(CIPD) ;
- Chartered Institute Of Taxation, Ghana(CITG);
- Chartered Institute of Marketing(CIM);
- The Chartered Institute of Professional Managers and Administrators(CIPMA);
- Chartered Insurance Institute;
- Chartered Institue of Human Resources and Development (CIHRD)
iii. Applicants for the M.Ed. Programmes who do not have a first degree in Education must have at least a Diploma in Education in Addition to a first degree in the intended field of study.
iv. Candidates applying for M.Phil. Programme must have a second degree ( in Masters of ARTS or Master of Education) from a recognized University or equivalent Institution in the intended field of specialization.
v. Candidates for the PGDE programme must have a minimum of first degree in the relevant area and currently teaching. The candidate must submit an official transcript of academic record and satisfy any additional requirements prescribed by the college for Teacher Professional Development, such as a selection interview.
The graduate programmes will be mounted in six of our regional learning centres, namely:
a.Accra (Accra Learning Centre, Adjiringano)
b.Kumasi (Ghana Institute of Languages – M.ED/MA and Kumasi Technical Institute(KTI) – MBA only)
c.Cape Coast (College of Distance Education Building, UCC).
d.Tamale (Institute of Languages, Education Ridge)
e.Sekondi-Takoradi (Holychild College of Education)
f.Sunyani (Ideas Professional College, Fiapre)
g. PGDE : All Regional Centres
The following graduate programmes are being offered by distance learning:
1) Education: Master Of Education M.Ed
Areas of specialisation:
a.Administration in Higher Education
c.Guidance and Counselling
d.Measurement and Evaluation
2) MA (Master of Arts)
a.Guidance and Counseling
b.Administration in Higher Education
c.Measurement and Evaluation
Areas of specialisation:
c.Human Resource Management
4)Master Of Philosophy (M.Phil)
Areas of specialisation:
- Administration in Higher Education
- Educational Psychology
- Guidance and Counselling
- Measurement and Evaluation
5)Postgraduate Diploma In Education (PGDE)
DURATION OF ACADEMIC PROGRAMMES
1. Education – M.Ed (By Course Work)
The M.Ed programme is for a duration of three (3) semesters and is by course work only. Applicants for the M.Ed. programmes who do not have a first degree in Education must have at least Diploma in Education in addition to a first degree in the intended field of specialization. Students who successfully complete the M.Ed programmes may progress to do MPhil after graduation. The M.Phil will require three (3) additional Semesters (i.e. 1 semester of Course Work and 2 Semesters for research).
2. MA (By Course Work)
The MA is for duration of three (3) semesters.
3. Business –MBA (Dissertation)
The MBA with a dissertation programme is for a duration of four (4) semesters.
4. M.Phil – (Thesis)
The M.Phil with thesis is for a duration of three semesters. One semester of course work and two semesters for thesis writing.
5. Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE)
The PGDE programme is for a duration of three semesters and is by course work, Project Work and Supervised Teaching Practice.
Closing date for sale of Scratch Cards (i.e. application forms) is Thursday, 31st May, 2020 and submission of application forms to the Deputy Registrar, School of Graduate Studies and Research, University of Cape Coast should be on or before Friday, 29th June, 2020.