TSC Employment Application Form Pdf 2023-2024
TSC Employment Application Form – Download:
Pursuant Article 237 (2) b and c, of the Constitution of Kenya the Teachers Service Commission is mandated to recruit and employ registered teachers; and assign such teachers for service in any public school or institution.
Teacher recruitment is done in accordance with the recruitment guideline issued by the Commission from time to time. The commission advertises the available vacancies and interested candidates submit the application forms to the County/Institutions where they would wish to be considered for employment. Shortlisted candidates are invited to appear before a recruitment panel.
To be employed by the Commission one must meet the following requirements;
- Must be a Kenyan citizen
- Must be 45 years of age and below
- Must be registered as a teacher as stipulated in Section 23 of the Teachers Service Commission Act 2012.
NB: Those registered but do not possess Certificates of Registration must attach a copy of online printout of TSC Number and original bank pay- in slip for teacher registration.
- Original Professional and Academic Certificates which may include;
- CPE/KCPE Certificate
- KCE/KCSE Certificate
- PTE Certificate
- Diploma Certificate
- Degree Certificate
- School Leaving Certificates
NB: Candidates without academic and professional certificates must show evidence of having applied for confirmation from KNEC and it is the onus of the concerned teacher to follow-up with KNEC within 14 days.
Click here to check TSC Employment Qualifications
Recruitment and Selection
- Applicants applying for posts in Primary schools must be holders of a P1
- Interested candidates should apply to the TSC County Director, in the County where a vacancy has been advertised and submit all relevant academic and professional documents.
- Primary teachers are usually employed through competitive selection During the selection day one should carry the following original documents to sub-county selection panel.
- National Identity
- CPE/KCPE certificate (including first attempt certificate if one repeated exam).
- School/college leaving certificate
- Candidates without academic and professional certificates must show evidence of having applied for confirmation from KNEC and it is the owners of the concerned teacher to follow up with KNEC within 14 days.
- Successful candidates are deployed to serve in any part of the country.
- Applicants applying for posts in Secondary Schools must be holders of a minimum of Diploma in Education Certificate.
- Interested candidates should apply to the Secretary, Board of Management of the school where a vacancy has been advertised and submit a copy of the application to the TSC County Director.
- Please note that The Teachers Service Commission only deals with TSC County Directors and Boards of Management in this exercise. Direct application to the Commission will NOT be considered.
For detailed information on available vacancies in sub-counties and schools/institutions applicants are advised to:
- Visit the TSC Website and/or
- Visit the TSC office at the County or Sub- County of their choice.
Download the Employment Application Form Pdf right here.
The Commission will vet the recruitment documents in accordance with the guidelines and:
- Inform the recruiting agents of the outcome of the vetting process.
- Issue appointment letters to successful candidates. Failure to take up the appointment within the stipulated period will automatically lead to cancellation of appointment.
Aggrieved candidates may channel their grievances to the Commission within two weeks from selection date.
For detailed inquiries, kindly contact the commission at:
Teachers Service Commission – Kenya
Kilimanjaro Avenue, Upper Hill
020 289 2000
0722 208 552
0777 208 552