System Strengthening Program Officer Needed By Chemonics International
Company: Chemonics International
Category: NGO / International Agencies
Job status: Full-Time
Experience: 5 years
Job expires: 04 Jul-2020
The USAID GHSC-PSM Project is the primary mechanism through which the USAID procures and delivers critical public health commodities, and provides technical assistance to improve Ghana’s public health commodity supply chain system. To achieve this mandate, the project collaborates effectively with key in-country and international stakeholders to support key global health initiatives.
The Systems Strengthening Program Officer will support efforts to promote and execute GHSC-PSM supply chain system strengthening initiatives.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
• Work with GHSC-PSM technical team to meet system strengthening and capacity building objectives at the central, regional, and local level.
• Liaise with the Ministry of Health and Ghana Health Service counterparts on the implementation of supply chain reforms
• Identify opportunities to streamline data management and reporting to increase data availability for supply chain decision making across the entire supply chain.
• Document and file innovations to increase reporting rates, improve data quality at all levels of the supply chain activity, and increase access to information on commodity stock status.
• When requested by the Systems Strengthening Team Lead, attend or co-attend technical meetings and represent the project to USAID, partners, and the MOH
• Under the supervision of the Systems Strengthening Team Lead, support the MOH and GHS in the preparation and drafting of technical manuals, guidelines, and standard operating procedures
• Liaise with GHS to ensure effective functioning of the regional supply chain Technical Working Groups (TWGs)
• Support the Systems Strengthening Team Lead in the preparation and implementation of annual work plans, quarterly and annual reports, activity reports, and other related communications.
• Assist in documenting and tracking lessons learned for systems strengthening initiatives.
• Provide technical assistance to relevant agencies involved in the distribution of health commodities from the central level to the regional levels and the implementation of last mile distribution of health commodities
• Collaborate with other members of the Systems Strengthening team and relevant departments within the MOH and GHS focused on workforce development, supportive supervision and LMIS to have a harmonized approach to ensuring MOH and GHS staff are equipped with the skills to perform supply chain functions at all levels.
Perform any other duties as required by leadership.
Qualification Required & Experience
The qualifications listed below are representative of the required knowledge, skills, and/or abilities needed to perform the principal duties.
• Bachelor’s degree in health systems, public policy, or a related field required; advanced degree preferred.
• Minimum five (5) years of experience in supply chain systems strengthening; USAID experience preferred.
• Demonstrated experience implementing supply chain systems strengthening programs in developing countries.
• Knowledge of USAID funding and its contractual and reporting requirements preferred
• Experience in building effective relationships with cooperating partners and stakeholders, especially government counterparts at national and regional levels.
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, with demonstrated diplomacy and the ability to communicate effectively in a cross-cultural environment.
• Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
• Fluency in English required.
• Level of Effort and Location
This is a long-term position will be based in Accra, Ghana with intermittent travel throughout the country.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicant should click on the link below:
Closing Date: 04 July, 2020