Pentecost University College (PUC) Scholarship
Pentecost University College offers scholarships to students with a high level of need and good academic performance. The scholarship will be available to all new and continuing undergraduate students enrolled at the Pentecost University College. The scholarship covers only the tuition fees of the beneficiary.
The objective of the scholarship award is to provide scholarships to needy but brilliant students to enable the individuals pursue their undergraduate programme of study at PUC.
- The number and amount of scholarship awarded will be determined annually by the Scholarship Committee in consultation with the Donor(s).
- The award comprises the payment of tuition fees only.
To qualify for the PUC scholarship award, the applicant should:
- Be a student at the time he/she applies for a scholarship (Evident by his/her admission letter).
- Newly admitted students must possess an aggregate of 6-18 from their West African Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (WASSCE) equivalent.
- Continuing students must have obtained a minimum of 3.00 Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) at the time of application.
All applicants should complete an application form. The following documents must be attached with the application form:
- A copy of an unconditional admission letter from the University College
- The applicant’s Result Slip or Transcript of previous studies
- A testimonial from the former school/ Letter from Mentor if continuous student
- Letter of recommendation from a Teacher or Counselor or Minister of Religion, and or Principal/Vice Principal of a reputable institution
- A brief explanation of why you should be awarded this scholarship (250 words maximum)
- Two recent Passport pictures (not older than 6 months)
- Birth Certificate/Baptismal Certificate/Affidavit
- Self-addressed envelope
- Copy of an Official pay slip or payroll record of parent/guardian or the applicant
- Copy of a Death certificate or witness by Religious leader
- Pensions letter of retired parent/guardians
- Copy of School, NHIS, Voter’s or National ID cards
- All forms must be sealed in an envelope and submitted to the Scholarship coordinator’s office.
- All certificates and related documents submitted must be certified by a recognized official or by the institution that issued the documents and must bear the official stamp and signature of the certifier.
- Interested applicants are advised to apply before the beginning of the academic year (March to July) after they have received their admission letters.
- In awarding scholarships the Scholarship Committee will look for applicants who have a strong need base and demonstrate very good intellectual skills.
- Applications will be received and reviewed at the beginning of each academic year.
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews at a decided date by the Committee. The date for interviewing will be announced.
- The final selection will be announced after the interviewing process has been completed. The decisions of the committee shall be final.
- Those nominated will be offered scholarships in writing and will be asked to accept or decline the offer also in writing within a 15 to 30 working day period.
- The maximum tenure of the scholarship is 4 years subject to the conditions of the student and availability of funds.
- This is also subject to review to ensure that beneficiaries maintain at least a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.0.
Withdrawal of Scholarship
- Students who fail to obtain the minimum CGPA of 3.0 will have their awards withdrawn.
- Any disciplinary action meted against the beneficiary from the University will result in immediate withdrawal of the award.
- Upon deferment of programme, the scholarship will be withdrawn. A student who wishes to defer the course must comply with Section 37 of the University College’s Student Handbook.
General Conditions of Awards
The following conditions apply to all scholarship beneficiaries:
- Scholarship beneficiaries must follow the approved programmes and abide by the College`s rules, regulations and codes of conduct.
- Maintain full-time enrollment until completion of the undergraduate programme of study for which the scholarship is provided.
- Scholarship beneficiaries may not change their programme during the tenure of the scholarship.
- Maintain an acceptable level of academic standing (not below 3.0 CGPA).
- This award is only given once.
Access link to fill/download scholarship application form: http://www.pentvars.edu.gh/images/otherresources/scholarship%20_application_form.pdf