List Of African Proverbs For NEW Year
10 African Proverbs to Live By Today and In the New year!
You are probably working on your New Years’ resolutions or at least thinking about some things you could do differently or better next year. Thankfully, I had a very wonderful year! I managed to start and launch Beauty of Africa. This Online Magazine dedicated to spreading the beauty of African culture across the world,as well as connecting and inspiring Africans living abroad.
It Is not where I want to be yet but!! like most of the proverbs below suggest, It’s all about just doing your best and working hard at it. I strongly believe African Ancestors were wise beyond words. Proverbs show that their experiences were not at all different from ours in the modern world today. Of course they didn’t have all the gadgets and craziness we have today. However, human values, struggles and experiences are the same now as they were back then. Through the proverbs they still manage to impart their wisdom.
Motivational quotes from modern idealists and thinkers such as the Dalai Lama, Oprah, Deepak Chopra e.t.c seem more relatable and I could easily have compiled a list of those to get my point across but consider this my attempt to give you a more traditional approach to coping with life next year!
So Below is a list of Proverbs to keep you motivated Today and in the New year:
1. When an enemy digs a grave for you, God gives you an emergency exit. Burundi proverb
2. Be a mountain or lean on one. – Somali proverb
3. Wisdom does not come overnight. A Somali proverb
4 .He who wants to be famous will have many sleepless nights. A Tunisian proverb
5. When a King Has good counsellors his reign is peaceful. – A Zulu and Swahili proverb
6. A roaring Lion Kills no Game – African proverb
7. Peace is costly but it is worth the expense. ~Kenyan proverb
8. Patience is the key which solves all problems. ~ Sudanese proverb
9. By crawling a child learns to stand.- Africa Proverb
10. You learn how to cut down trees by cutting them down. – Bateke proverb
Happy Holidays and a Prosperous New Year!!