Ho Technical University HTU Logo
BRIEF HISTORY OF HO TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY
The origin of the Ho Technical University goes back to 1968. It was established as a Technical Institute with the primary objective of providing pre-technical education. By 1972, the institute had made tremendous progress in upgrading of the courses offered. Consequently the pre-technical programmes gave way to courses in the Engineering and Vocational fields, e.g. Basic Engineering, Agricultural and Mechanical Engineering, Building Technology and Business Education.
In 1986, the Institute became a Polytechnic. It however continued to operate as second cycle institution, until 1993 when the Polytechnic was upgraded to a fully-fledged tertiary institution by the enactment of PNDC Law 321 and charged with the responsibility of training students in the technical and vocational skills to the Higher National Diploma [HND] level. Subsequently, in 2007, Polytechnics were given the mandate by the Polytechnics Act 745 to award their own degrees to the highest level.
Since then, the Polytechnic has been running programmes from non-tertiary level to the bachelor degree level. This year, the Polytechnic has been given the permit to run Masters in Agricultural Engineering and Mechanical Engineering.
The vision of Ho Technical University is to become a reputable technological institution contributing actively to national development.
To train highly competent human resource to highest level possible through career-focused education, skill training and research in partnership with stakeholders.
Ho Technical Universityis a secular and non-partisan public institution. Admissions and academic awards are based on merit without regard to ethnicity, race or nationality, religious affiliation or beliefs, physical disabilities or gender. Academic and social interactions within the Polytechnic are governed by the principles of fair play, justice, honesty, moral rectitude, and respect for authority, human rights and the environment.
• Competency Based Training
• Fair Opportunities for all and Gender Equality
• Respect for the Environment
• Commitment to Quality
- 2018 Ho Technical University HTU Diploma In Education Admission Form
- 2018 Ho Technical University School Fees Schedule
- 2018 Ho Technical University Admissions for Diploma in Education Programme
- Ho Technical University HTU Courses (Programmes) Offered
- 2018 Ho Technical University Academic Calendar
- HTU In Collaboration With UEW Admission Into Diploma In Education Programme 2018/2019
- Ho Technical University HTU Student Portal
- Ho Technical University HTU Portal
- Check 2018/2019 Ho Technical University HTU Admissions List
- 2018/2019 Ho Technical University HTU Admissions Open
- 2018/2019 Ho Technical University HTU Admission Requirements
- 2018/2019 Bolgatanga Polytechnic Admission Forms
- 2018/2019 Wa Polytechnic Admission Forms
- 2018/2019 Koforidua Technical University KTU Admission Forms
- 2018/2019 Takoradi Technical University TTU Admission Forms
- 2018/2019 Sunyani Technical University STU Admission Forms
- 2018/2019 Accra Technical University ATU Admission Forms
- 2018/2019 Ho Technical University HTU Admission Forms
- 2018/2019 Kumasi Technical University KSTU Admission Forms