Ghana Immigration Service GIS
Ghana Immigration Service GIS – Check Below:
The Ghana Immigration Service started as the Immigration and Passport Unit of the Gold Coast Colonial Police Force under the command of Mr. Nevile C. Hill. On attainment of independence in 1957, the rapid expansion of the economy coupled with Ghana’s role as a trailblazer in the African liberation struggle led to the country being swamped with foreign businessmen, tourists and African aliens. To control this influx, a Cabinet decision in 1960 transferred the Immigration Unit to the Ministry of the Interior as a separate department, while the Ministry of Foreign Affairs took over the issuing of passports. These measures were taken to enhance service delivery. Three (3) years later, the aliens Act 1963, Act 160 was enacted to give legal backing to immigration operations.
In November 1989, by PNDC Law 226, the Immigration Department was converted into a Paramilitary Service.
Established under PNDC Law 226 in 1989, the Ghana Immigration Service remains the sole institution with the statutory mandate to regulate and monitor the entry, residence, employment and the exit of foreigners in the country. The passage of Immigration Act 2000, Act 573 expanded the functions and roles of the Service. Prominent among these are the Indefinite Residence and Right of Abode facilities.
Our purpose is to build a stronger and better Ghana by operating fair but firm immigration controls that regulate and facilitate the movement of people through Ghana’s borders; and efficient, effective residence and work permit systems that meet the social and economic needs of the country.
The vision of the Service is to build an Immigration Service that facilitates travel, promotes the development needs of Ghana, which is recognized internationally for its professionalism and high standards of service and control.
Our cardinal aims are to maintain an effective, efficient control on and after entry, which meets prescribed service standards and to do so in a professional, cost effective way, and also contribute to economic growth and improved standards of living for residents of Ghana through the facilitation of increased tourism and foreign investment. In pursuit of these aims, our main objectives have been to:
• To ensure that people who do not qualify for entry under the various Immigration Laws and Regulations such as PNDCL 226, the Immigration Act 2000 and the Immigration Regulations 2001 do not enter Ghana. • Ensure that applications for permits are handled efficiently and effectively amongst other things encouraging investment to Ghana.
• Deal expeditiously with departing passengers.
• Ensure that people who have no entitlement to remain in Ghana are removed expeditiously, and that firm action is taken against people who facilitate or harbour illegal migrants.
• Lastly, to co-operate fully with other agencies that have a legitimate interest in the movement of people in and out of Ghana, and of their presence in the country.
2021/2022 Ghana Immigration Service GIS Recruitment
- Ghana Immigration Service (GIS) Recruitment 2021/2022: Application, Requirements & Guidelines
- Ghana Immigration Service Extends Recruitment Application Deadline – 2017/2020
- Ghana Immigration Service Recruitment: HND Entry Requirements – 2017/2020
- Ghana Immigration Service Recruitment: Non-Graduate Entry (Recruits) Requirements – 2017/2020
- Ghana Immigration Service Recruitment Entry Requirements For Various Categories – 2017/2020
- Ghana Immigration Service GIS Screening Date 2021/2022
- Ghana Immigration Service GIS Medical Examination Date 2021/2022
- Ghana Immigration Service GIS Aptitude Test Date 2021/2022
- Ghana Immigration Service GIS Training School
- Ghana Immigration Service GIS General Duties
- Ghana Immigration Service GIS
- Ghana Immigration Service GIS Motto
- Ghana Immigration Service GIS Recruitment Portal
- Ghana Immigration Service GIS Contact
- Ghana Immigration Service GIS Ranks
- Ghana Immigration Service GIS Uniform
- Ghana Immigration Service GIS Salary
- Ghana Immigration Service GIS Jobs
- Ghana Immigration Service GIS Enlistment 2020
- Ghana Immigration Service GIS Regional Office
- Ghana Immigration Service GIS Graduates
- 2021/2022 Ghana Police Service Recruitment
- 2021/2022 Ghana Immigration Service GIS Recruitment
- 2021/2022 Ghana National Fire Service GNFS Recruitment
- 2020/ 2020 Ghana Prisons Service Recruitment Is Out
- 2021/2022 Ghana Armed Forces GAF Recruitment
- 2021/2022 Ghana National Service Scheme NSS
- 2021/2022 Ghana National Ambulance Service