Egerton University Registration Form 2022/2023
Egerton University Registration Form 2022/2023 | Egerton University Application Form 2022
Enquiries for all diploma programmes should be made to
The Registrar (Academic Affairs),
The closing date for receiving applications for the diploma programmes shall be as determined by the Senate from time to time.
Minimum Entry Requirements for Diploma Programmes
The entry requirements set out below are only minimum, and they do not in any way, entitle an applicant to a place in the University. Applicants must:
- Have the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education with an average grade ‘C’ passed at one sitting from at least seven subjects drawn from subject groupings as specified by the Kenya
- National Examinations Council or equivalent. Provided that candidates with disabilities will be given special consideration with regard to the number of subjects taken at KCSE.
- Hold a certificate from a recognized institution with a ‘Credit’ pass or higher or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution in the relevant field of specialization, acceptable to Senate.
- Meet additional or specific entry requirements as may be specified by the respective Department, Faculty, School or Institute offering the Diploma programme.
EGERTON UNIVERSITY DOCTORATE PROGRAMS APPLICATION
a) Have appropriate preparatory academic training as
evidenced by at least one of the following:
- 1 Be a holder of a Master’s Degree of Egerton University
- 2 Be a holder of a Master’s Degree or an equivalent academic qualification of any other recognized institution.
- 3 Be a candidate enrolled for a Master’s Degree in Egerton University for at least one year who has to the satisfaction of the Senate shown exceptional progress in the Research Work to merit upgrading.
- 4 Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree whom the Senate has specially exempted from the Master’s programme.
Egerton University Registration Form
b) Fulfill specific requirements as maybe stipulated by respective Department,
Faculty/School/Institute/Campus with regard to the field of study.
EGERTON UNIVERSITY APPLICATION AND ADMISSION PROCEDURES
Application forms may be obtained from the Director, Board of Graduate Studies upon payment of a
prescribed Non-refundable fee and returned duly completed.
Egerton University Application Form
Where a candidate is to pursue the programme by Research/thesis only, the candidate will be required to
present a Research Proposal together with the application for registration.
Where the candidate is to pursue the programme by Coursework, Examination and thesis, the candidate shall be required to submit a brief summary of the intended area of study together with the Application Forms. A full Research Proposal shall be submitted within three (3) months or registration.
The Egerton University Registration Form
All applications for registration shall be processed in the first instance through the relevant Department in which registration is sought. The Department shall then forward all such applications with appropriate comments to the Faculty/School Institute/Campus Board concerned for approval and onward transmission
to the Board of Postgraduate Studies. Egerton University Application Form
Before recommending a candidate for registration, the Department and Faculty/School/Institute/Campus Board concerned shall ensure that:
- The proposed field of study is academically sound and can successfully be pursued and supervised.
- There exist adequate facilities and resources for effective research
- The appropriate fees have been paid.
EGERTON UNIVERSITY BACHELOR’S DEGREE PROGRAMMES APPLICATION
The Registrar (AcademicAffairs),
The closing date for receiving applications for the Bachelor’s degree programmes shall be as determined by the Senate from time to time.
Mininum Entry Requirements for Bachelor‘s Degree
- Have the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education with an average grade C+ (C plus)\passed at one sitting from at least seven subjects drawn from subject groupings as specified by the Kenya National Examinations Council or its equivalent.
- Have one of the following combinations of passes in the Kenya Advanced Certificate of Education examination:
- Two (2) Principal passes obtained at the same sitting.
- Egerton University Statutes 2008 43
- Two (2) Principal passes obtained at different sittings provided the passes are of Grade C or higher.
- Hold a Diploma of Egerton University with a ‘Credit’ pass or higher or an equivalent
- Qualification from a recognized institution in the relevant field of specialization acceptable to Senate. Those with a ‘Pass’ Diploma will be considered if they have at least two years relevant experience after graduation.
Meet additional entry requirements as may be specified by the respective Department, Faculty, School or Institute.
To be admitted for a PRE-SERVICE DEGREE PROGRAM, a prospective
candidate must have all the requirements set up by the joint Admission Board
(JAB), with a prospective IN-SERVICE student must have completed a diploma
program in the relevant field and graduated with at least a CREDIT.
EGERTON UNIVERSITY MASTERS PROGRAMMES
- All applicants for registration shall be processed in the first instance through the relevant Department in which registration is sought. The Department shall then
forward all such applications with appropriate comments to the Faculty board concerned for approval Egerton University Statutes 2008 51 and onward transmission to the Board of Postgraduate studies.
- Applicants shall be admitted to only one Degree programme at a time.
- Admission shall be confirmed by letter from the Direct, Board of Postgraduate Studies
- Admission shall be offered to holders of a Bachelor’s Degree with an Upper Second Class Honours or above or equivalent qualification from recognized Institutions.
- In exceptional cases, the Senate may also admit to the Master’s programme a non-holder of Upper Second Class Honours provided that such candidate can, on the basis of the research and other scholarly work done, demonstrate to the satisfaction of the Senate qualification to undertake postgraduate studies.
- Subject to approval by the Senate, Departments may formulate regulations requiring applicants to have attained other academic qualifications as may be consistent with the goals of their Master’s programmes or to appear for interview to determine their suitability for admission. (See annex Pre-masters)
- In exceptional cases, holder of lower second class honour may be admitted if they have two years of relevant experience.
TO APPLY ONLINE, VISIT
For more enquiries, Contact
Egerton University Njoro Campus
Egerton University Nakuru Town campus