About Takoradi Technical University TTU
About Takoradi Technical University TTU – Check Below:
The Takoradi Technical University was established in September, 2016, as a result of the government’s policy to convert Takoradi Polytechnic, among five other Polytechnics, to the status of Technical University. In effect, since April 1954, Takoradi Technical University (formerly Takoradi Polytechnic) has existed as a Government Technical Institute under the Ghana Education Service of the Ministry of Education. During that period, the institute offered programmes mainly at the Craft and Technician Certificate levels in commercial and technical subjects, awarding Royal Society of Arts (RSA) and City and Guilds of London, United Kingdom. However, in 1990, the Ghana Education Service took over the awards of the above-mentioned certificates.
As part of the Ghana Educational Reforms which began in the 1980s, the Takoradi Technical Institute and five other similar institutions were upgraded by the Polytechnic Act 321 (PNDC Law 1993) to become part of the Ghana Tertiary Education System. The Polytechnics, per the law, began to offer Higher National Diploma (HND) programmers in the 1993/1994 academic year. These reforms mandated the polytechnics to compliment the role of the Universities to increase access to tertiary education for the training of middle and higher-level manpower.
A Bill proposed by the Ministry of Education and considered by Cabinet of Government in 2014 was passed by Parliament as an Act in August 2016 with the assent of the President, converting some polytechnics into technical universities as full-fledged technical universities. In view of that, the Takoradi Polytechnic Council adopted the name “Takoradi Technical University” which has been duly registered with the Registrar General’s Department of Ghana.
Currently, Takoradi Technical University has three (3) campuses: Effia Kuma (Takoradi), Butumagyebu (Sekondi) and Akatakyi (Agona-Nkwanta). The Akatakyi Campus is the largest of the three, with an acreage of 152.3.
Mandate, Vision, Mission & Objectives
MANDATE OF THE UNIVERSITY
The Takoradi Technical University, without limiting its other powers, shall;
1. Award degrees, diplomas, certificates and other qualifications as may be agreed upon by the Council of the Takoradi Technical University as established under section 4 of the Technical Universities Act, and approved by the national body responsible for accreditation.
2. Offer Higher National Diploma programmes approved, accredited, examined and certified by the national bodies responsible for Higher National Diploma programmes and awards.
3. Provide for the general welfare, recreational and social needs of staff and students of the Takoradi Technical University.
4. Exercise powers that are incidental to the achievement of the aims of the Takoradi Technical University.
5. Increase access to career focused tertiary education in general, while encouraging female enrolment in applied science and technology programmes.
6. Develop appropriate attitudes and required skills in Information Technology (IT) and entrepreneurship to equip the students with such basic skills for industry.
7. Promote industrialization through relevant research, consultancy and linkage programmes, for social and economic development in the region and the country as a whole.
To be the most preferred engineering and applied sciences university of choice devoted to excellence in teaching and applied industrial research to produce competent world-class human resource for the strategic development of industry in order to achieve an enhanced national and global development.
The Takoradi Technical University shall be dedicated to advanced instructional delivery in engineering and applied sciences and also creative arts, business and technology-based research disciplines in strong collaboration with industry through competency-based teaching approaches, which contribute to the advancement of the Western Region and Ghana as a whole.
The objective of the University shall be to provide higher education in the engineering, science and technology-based disciplines, technical and vocational programmes, applied arts and related disciplines. However, Takoradi Technical University has dynamically positioned itself to focus on its two core faculties, which are Engineering and Applied Sciences based on the under-listed principles;
1. Make higher education equally accessible to all persons suitably qualified and capable of benefiting from education and training offered at a technical university.
2. Determine the programmes of study by considering the multiplicity of scientific theories and methodologies.
3. Use competency-based and practice-oriented approaches in teaching, organisation and delivery of courses/ programmes.
4. Develop strong linkages and collaboration with relevant industries, businesses, professional bodies and technical experts in the delivery of programmes.
5. Offer programmes and courses within the mandate of technical university.
6. Provide opportunities for skills development, applied research and publication of research findings.
The Takoradi Technical University shall achieve its core objective mentioned-above through its Sections/Units, Offices, Departments, Directorates, Centres, Institutes and Faculties.
Are University Of Ghana Forms Out
Are University Of Ghana Admission Forms Out
Is University Of Ghana Admission List Out
Is University Of Ghana Accredited
Where Is University Of Ghana Located
Where Is University Of Ghana
When Will University Of Ghana Forms Be Out
When Will University Of Ghana Admission List Be Out
Does University Of Ghana Accept D7
Does University Of Ghana Offer Architecture
Does University Of Ghana Offer Physician Assistant
Does University Of Ghana Offer Mass Communication
Does University Of Ghana Offer Communication Studies
How Much Is University Of Ghana School Fees
How Much Is University Of Ghana Admission Form
How To Calculate University Of Ghana GPA
How To Check University Of Ghana Admission Status
How To Contact University Of Ghana
Is University Of Ghana Forms Out
Is University Of Ghana Admission Still On
When Was University Of Ghana Established
When Was University Of Ghana Built
Which University In Ghana Is The Best
What Is University Of Ghana
Where To Buy University Of Ghana Admission Forms
Who Built University Of Ghana
Who Established University Of Ghana
University Of Ghana Business School
University Of Ghana Courses
University Of Ghana Address
University Of Ghana Graduate School
University Of Ghana Mis Web
University Of Ghana Medical Centre
University Of Ghana Grading System
University Of Ghana Law School
University Of Ghana Courses Offered
University Of Ghana Logo
University Of Ghana
University Of Ghana Admission
University Of Ghana Admission List
University Of Ghana Admission Forms
University Of Ghana Application
University Of Ghana Admission Office
University Of Ghana Anthem
University Of Ghana Admissions 2021
University Of Ghana Academic Calendar
University Of Ghana Academic Affairs
University Of Ghana Admission Requirements
The University Of Ghana
The University Of Ghana Medical School
The University Of Ghana Business School
Requirements Of The University Of Ghana Law School
Is The University Of Ghana Admission List Out
Are The University Of Ghana Forms Out
The Best University Of Ghana
Courses At The University Of Ghana
University Of Ghana Business School Short Courses
University Of Ghana Balme Library
University Of Ghana Business Courses
University Of Ghana Business School Contact
University Of Ghana Business School Emba
University Of Ghana Business School Mba Fees
University Of Ghana Cut Off Points
University Of Ghana Courses And Requirements
University Of Ghana Contact
University Of Ghana College Of Education
University Of Ghana Accra City Campus
University Of Ghana Computer Science Requirements
University Of Ghana Distance Learning
University Of Ghana Diploma Courses
University Of Ghana Distance Learning Fees
University Of Ghana Diploma Admission List
University Of Ghana Department Of Psychology