About Kumasi Technical University KSTU
Kumasi Technical University was established in 1954 as Kumasi Technical Institute (K. T. I. ) to offer craft courses. In 1963, the Institute was converted to a non-tertiary Polytechnic status under the Ghana Education Service to start offering, in addition, technician diploma and sub- professional courses.
The Polytechnic Law, 1992 (PNDC L.321) elevated the Polytechnic to a tertiary institution to provide high calibre skilled manpower with reference to manufacturing, commerce, science and technology to act as a catalyst for technological development. As a Polytechnic it was one of the famous, elegant and vibrant Polytechnics in Ghana.
The Technical University Act 2016, (Act 922) converted Kumasi Polytechnic to the present Kumasi Technical University with the aim of providing higher education in engineering, applied arts, science technology based disciplines, technical and vocational training.
It is a spectacularly beautiful institution, which is located at the heart of the Garden city of West Africa, the capital city of the Ashanti Region of Ghana (Kumasi). It has within the period of its existence become an important centre for the training not only for Ghana but also for other African countries.
VISION, MISSION AND CORE VALUES
To be a Centre of Excellence for tertiary level training of technical and professional human resource with entrepreneurial skills.
To provide a favourable environment for teaching, research, skills and entrepreneurship training in science, technology, applied social sciences and applied arts for industrial and community development. This, we do to attract students and scholars from local and international communities and also to provide consultancy services.
Kumasi Technical University cherishes and upholds five core values which are deemed as central and basic to the institution’s life and activities and influence all persons who work or pass through this institution. The core values of the University govern the operations and conduct of Management and staff as well as their relationships with the society at large.
The core values which the members of the University cherish and uphold and therefore seek to build in all those who work or pass through the institution are:
The University believes in integrity, which encompasses moral uprightness, honesty, reliability, and credibility. It has to do with self-control and discipline.
The University is committed to setting the pace for others to follow. This calls for competence, hard-work, sacrifice, diligence and conscientiousness. It involvesstriving to achieve excellence by continuously improving and innovating for the best possible outcomes. It calls for commitment and perseverance in the face of daunting hurdles.
iii) Good Stewardship
The institution believes in harnessing resources (physical, spiritual, intellectual and financial) and talents which will be dedicated to the efficient and effective use of same to achieve maximum results for all. In this vein, time is considered a valued resource. Accordingly, we uphold punctuality at work and studies.
Therefore, lateness to work, lectures, meetings and other functions and events is not tolerated.
iv) Leadership by Example
The University considers leadership by example as crucial in enhancing teaching and learning and for the proper conduct of its members. Staff are, therefore, to display maturity in their lifestyle and serve as models for our students in particular and the public at large.
v) Institutional Patriotism
Members are to project and market the positive image of the institution in all spheres of life. This calls for loyalty. This reinforces the noble idea that ‘the well-being of the institution is the well being of all’.
- About Kumasi Technical University KSTU
- Kumasi Technical University KSTU Departments
- Kumasi Technical University KSTU Fees
- Kumasi Technical University KSTU Programmes
- Kumasi Technical Institute
- Kumasi Technical University KSTU Course Registration
- Kumasi Technical University KSTU Portal
- Kumasi Technical University KSTU Address
- 2020/2021 Kumasi Technical University KSTU Admission Form
- 2020/2021 Kumasi Technical University KSTU Admission Requirements
- 2020/2021 Kumasi Technical University KSTU Admission Closing Date- Deadline
- 2020/2021 Kumasi Technical University KSTU Admission Opening Date
- 2020 Kumasi Technical University KSTU Admission Form- How To Apply
- 2020 Kumasi Technical University KSTU Online Application- Registration
- Kumasi Technical University KSTU Academic Calendar
- Kumasi Technical University KSTU Admission List 2020
- Kumasi Technical University KSTU Results Checker
- Kumasi Technical University KSTU Grading System
2020/2021 Admission Forms For Technical Universities/Poly
- 2020/2021 Bolgatanga Polytechnic Admission Forms
- 2020/2021 Wa Polytechnic Admission Forms
- 2020/2021 Koforidua Technical University KTU Admission Forms
- 2020/2021 Takoradi Technical University TTU Admission Forms
- 2020/2021 Sunyani Technical University STU Admission Forms
- 2020/2021 Accra Technical University ATU Admission Forms
- 2020/2021 Ho Technical University HTU Admission Forms
- 2020/2021 Kumasi Technical University KSTU Admission Forms